Friday, April 22, 2011

Among the tombs and stones...

Changing his heart, he said in strong rebuke:
"Nay, thou and I have well deserved to die,
Not so this Man, no evil hath He done."
Then turning to the silent Sufferer
Beside him, humbly prayed: "When Thou shalt come
Unto Thy Kingdom, Lord, remember me."
No more than this! Ah, Dismas little knew
The height and depth and breadth of that great Heart
To which he thus appealed... from A Legend of St. Dismas by A. H.



Sparkling new stone with such old dates... a cemetery anomaly said the caretakers.
This marker is 80 years past due... our story of finding Vivian's gravesite can be read here and here.
 A Good Friday spent among tombs and stones, honoring the memory of an innocent one hammers into the heart the hope of the Resurrection to come. Thank you to all who prayed for us to find this lost little one.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful.
    Blessings to you.
    (Valerie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome. I am deep into my genealogy and there are several people without headstones or with deteriated ones and I hope one day to be able to provide them with one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Corporal Work of Mercy...bury the dead. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love that you did that! I have a baby buried in a catholic cemetery and I also live very close to an old cemetery and it bothers me so much to see the unmarked graves. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and yourself!