Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Yarn Along


I am working on this Flirty Ruffle Scarf for my big girl. She loves to knit things for others, so I thought I would treat her to some twirly homemade fun. I'm not sure this is it. Do you ever have this problem? I see something cute like this in a picture and think, "That's adorable!" But when I work it up in my own two hands, following the pattern exactly, even down to the kind of yarn used, just a different color, I think, "That looks like something a little old lady wouldn't even wear!" I don't know. Maybe it's just me.
As far as what's being read around here, I decided I needed a little levity, so I picked up a copy of A Little Bit Wicked: Life, Love and Faith in Stages by Kristin Chenoweth and Joni Rodgers. So far, it's doing the trick. I have laughed out loud multiple times because these gals can sure tell a funny story. I have also been impressed by her adoption story (she's adopted, she hasn't adopted a child herself) and her love for her grandparents! But I should warn you that I am a huge Kristin Chenoweth fan and that's probably what inspired most of my interest in her story.

(Again, somehow, I have managed to match my yarn to my reading material.  I really am not that much of a perfectionist!)


9 comments:

  1. Well, the scarf looks pretty from here! I really like the color ... And sometimes we just need to find a book that can give us a good laugh, don't we?! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean! And then your stuck trying to decide whether to finish it and give it, or simply pitch it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your daughter will love the scarf!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the scarf looks lovely. And I know my girls would like it. And oh how I love books that can make me laugh out loud.

    Blessings, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. That yarn looks really fun to knit with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The color of the scarf is gorgeous and from what I see it looks very pretty :) I'm sure your daughter will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the looks of that scarf!! It just looks sooo soft and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! That yarn is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and yourself!