Saturday, October 24, 2009

St. John Vianney Coloring Page

In honor of Priesthood Sunday tomorrow!

I know some of you are saying, "Well, it's about time!" : ) and I wholeheartedly agree! Can I tell you though that I have been working on this coloring page since before the Year for Priests began and I'm still not happy with it? I'm not fishing for compliments or anything, I just think the Cure of Ars is not that easy to capture. In fact, Husband tells me that according to a biography he read, the Cure never wanted his portrait painted and artists would try to catch him on the sly to draw his likeness. Maybe that's why I'm not really satisfied with this page. Such a beautiful soul! Anyway, here he is and I hope your kiddos enjoy coloring him!

St. John Mary Vianney Coloring Page


HT: Mary G.

8 comments:

  1. Yay! Thank you so much for these pages! My girls love them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is lovely! It's as nice as any other image of him. (I know you weren't fishing, but I really think it's nice.)

    I went to Ars in '98 and saw his incorrupt body and from what I could tall, he pretty much looks like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter is always asking for your coloring pages, and when she completes one we hang them up along the wall in our schoolroom. She likes to look up throughout the day and think of all of those saints praying for her. My husband said they're better than crown molding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Thank you!!!! Something else for the Catechists to use in their sessions to further teach the importance of the vocation of the priesthood!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your coloring pages are excellent. I know you are a very busy Mom but if possible can you make a coloring picture of the Child of Atocha. I have search on all websites and have not been able to find one. The Child of Atocha is very special in our family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that St. Vianney is WONDERFUL!! I can imagine that he'd be a bit difficult, but you certainly captured him!

    Hook, line and sinker ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to get back to your blog to thank you so much for allowing us to use your coloring pages.
    I really appreciate your work. We will be using them for our All Saints Celebration as well! Many more will learn of your site! Blessings, from AZ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and yourself!