Friday, April 24, 2009

St. Gianna Coloring Page

St. Gianna's feast day is on April 28th but I have her coloring page already completed and uploaded to Scribd. I just have to say that trying to turn a photo of a real person into a coloring page is so much harder than a painting or an icon! I kept working on St. Gianna and it kept looking more and more like a pencil portrait not a coloring page. Finally I just had to black line it and be done with it so I am not totally happy with the result. My husband and a dear friend helped me to remember what my original purpose was for making these coloring pages and hopefully that will help mediate my angst.

St. Gianna Coloring Page

I also have St. Joseph the Worker and St. Mark ready to go but... my scanner broke yesterday. Husband assures me that he can get the new one up and running tonight in time to post St. Mark's tomorrow. It's not a picture of St. Mark, but rather his symbol based on this really cool card. Oh, and while you are planning for next week, don't forget St. Catherine of Sienna on the 29th. Bye!

3 comments:

  1. I love how you share the fruit of your labors, Charlotte. It's very inspiring. I'm sure there are many people who benefit from your beautiful work.

    With love in Christ,
    katherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Charlotte! I think the page is lovely..I love St. Gianna and have been asking for her special intercession lately...looking forward to her feast and having the kiddos color their pages. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's beautiful, Charlotte, and so does my daughter. From both of us, thank you so much for providing this for our beloved patron's feast!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and yourself!