Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Welcome Spring!

Those of you still freezin' yer buns off are free to click through while you count down the days before you can rub summer in our faces!

Yes, spring has sprung in our part of the world. How do I know? Well, let me see...

Daffodils blooming in the flower beds? Check.

Birds a flutter in the back yard? Check

Potential for 70 mph winds, golf ball sized hail and rain wrapped tornadoes? Check!

Potential dissipated just hours after we canceled our plans for today? Check.

But just to be safe, we readied our storm closet...

Apparently someone was readying for Armageddon!

5 comments:

  1. Bicycle helmets are a good idea. I had never thought of that. Not that my children even have bicycles or helmets yet... I would be interested to see what you keep handy for tornado warnings. My biggest problem is that I live on the second floor, so I have to pray that my downstairs neighbors are around when the siren goes off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the weather here in NM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our temps way up north here are supposed to be 50 tomorrow!! I can't wait to open the windows, but then by Friday it is back to reality, 20 degree highs. Enjoy spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All that emergency closet lacks is a bottle of wine!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and yourself!