Friday, February 6, 2009

St. Josephine Bakhita Coloring Page

I must beg your forgiveness for one thing. This was actually one of the first pictures I made after St. Maximillian. You can see on the Scribd page that it was added 5 months ago. Sunshine was considering St. Josephine as a confirmation saint along with some obviously girlie choices like St. Margaret of Scotland and St. Jane. I always thought I would get a chance to go back and make a better rendition; but I never did. Sunshine was confirmed with the name of St. Josephine Bakhita which just goes to show you that sometimes the saint chooses you. My Sunshine has been a princess her whole life and a lover of all things princess-ish. The fact that she chose St. Josephine, a former slave, proved to me her spiritual maturity and ability to open her heart to God's whisperings.

So I am offering this coloring page even though I wish it were a little nicer but that is the perfectionist in me and I will go put the muzzle on her for now.

St. Josephine Bakhita Coloring Page

I think our Coffee, Tea and Thee celebrating St. Josephine Bakhita was one of the most memorable for the children; they have mentioned it more than any other. We talked about St. Josephine's story and the amazing story of Lopez Lomong back when the Olympics began. So,on Sunday, we will be doing the same and enjoying a new tradition.

10 comments:

  1. Your coloring pages are so nice! Thank you for sharing them! And I looked through your "Coffee, Tea and Thee" archives, and you have done some lovely things for feast days. I hope you don't mind if I come back to get some ideas to use with my own family. I really want feast day celebrations to be woven into our family life. They are so important to celebrate, and the kids love it when we do. But to be honest, they just kind of creep up on me sometimes ... and I'm not ready! OH!! Thanks for the inspiration! God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved learning about Lopez Lomong and St. Josephine is one of those saints that ~ if she doesn't inspire you, you can't be inspired. The coloring picture is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sunshine was confirmed pretty young.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much for this Charlotte we are just starting on a study of the continents beginning with Africa. Do you know of any other African saints?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! My newborn is being baptised this Thursday Feb.12 and I would love to print your St. Luke picture but for some reason can't. His name is Luke, and his baptismal name is Michael. Is there any way you can help me? This would be for the children to colour. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicole,

    If you send me an email, I can email you the .pdf file directly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi again! /how wonderful! Thank you! I was looking for your email addy but couldn't find one..do I just leave it on here? I'm new to computers (please forgive me).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicole,
    Scribd is the third party file hosting site where you can find the coloring pages. Click on the link to the one you want and you will be taken to the page in Scribd. Then you can choose to print directly from the Scribd page by clicking on the word "iPaper" and choosing "Print" or you can download it to your computer and print from there. To download you will need a (free) Scribd account. If neither of those things work for you or you still can't print, send me an email. You can find my address over in the side bar under "Hello".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, I opened the Scribd acc't and looked and looked for your Saint Luke picture but could not find it. As well, tried sending you an email at the address under your "Hello" but it came back to me. Here is my email address:

    sixpackmom@fastmail.fm

    I hope you find this soon!
    Thank you for sending me the Saint Luke Colouring page!
    N

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and yourself!