Tuesday, February 3, 2009

St. Blaise Coloring Page

According to Scribd, it has been a month since I last uploaded a coloring page. I am still here, I promise, just very busy and feeling like I am playing a perpetual game of "catch-up". Where did January go? But since today is a very special day for us, I forced myself to finish up this coloring page and get it done today and while it might be later than I would have liked, it is still today!

St. Blaise Coloring Page

The coloring page is based on this picture hanging in my son's room. It was the bulletin cover from our parish a few years ago that I framed so I don't know where it came from.

On the feast of St. Blaise it is traditional to have your throats blessed, but in some countries, they take sticks of bread to be blessed as well that are kept and eaten for a sore throat. (Husband asked, "Homemade penicillin?") Ann Ball has a recipe for St. Blaise Biscuits in her book Catholic Traditions in the Home and Classroom but they call for beer which we don't keep on hand. I think we might just make some cinnamon bread sticks to have as a treat when we get home.

Do you have any special plans?

6 comments:

  1. We had our throats blessed a day earlier, but I made candle shaped sugar cookies for the boys to enjoy today after prayer.
    There's a photos on my post:
    http://theippolitis.blogspot.com/2009/02/sweet-music-sort-of.html
    Yes, Jan went too fast and Feb is feeling the same way too.
    GOd Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thoroughly enjoyed the tradition of having my throat blessed today. Glad you're keeping busy and not sick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and love your coloring pages I can't wait to use them with my girls.
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    Today we enjoyed reading the story of, and coloring Saint Blaise with our kids. I am a catholic homeschooling mom in the Netherlands, and I am very happy with all the coloringpages and other ideas (crafts etc) on your blog. Thank you!

    Cissy, Mommy of Daan (7), Lotte (5), Willemijn (3) and Stijn (3 months)
    The Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! We are printing this now and shared a link to it it as a part of our Mega List of February Plans and Possibilities at http://traininghappyhearts.blogspot.com/2014/02/mega-list-of-february-plans-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this! I'll use the coloring page today during catechism. You provide lots of good coloring pages and I'll be using them in the weeks to come.--Ann

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and yourself!