Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Advent Calendar Fixer Upper

*****Head over to Aussie Annie's for an incredibly artistic fix.*****

Here is the fix I came up with for my Advent calendar problem. I printed these images onto transparent vellum which you can find in the scrapbooking section of just about any store. These are sized perfectly to fit the windows I wanted them to. I chose St. Edmund Campion and St. Bibiana for their respective feast days (Dec. 1 & 2). Since the Feast of the Holy Family falls on Dec. 28th (the Feast of the Holy Innocents) I opted to put a picture of the Holy Family in the window for Dec. 28th and put a new image of the Holy Innocents in the window for the 29th. There is an image for the Holy Innocents on this calendar for the 28th but I chose to make the move to include the Holy Family. I also replaced the Adam and Eve with a more appropriate one.

The paper on the calendar cut very easily with a mat knife (cut lightly from the back side) and then just tape the new one in. It took me longer to size the images correctly than it did to replace the old ones. I still think this calendar is nice and worth the sale price but I will be writing an email to the company to let them know that I didn't appreciate the surprise.

1 comment:

  1. I just thought I would let you know I received my calendar yesterday.

    While Rosa Parks and the others were there, I was pleasantly surprised to find that Adam and Eve were clothed with strategically placed leaves. Thank goodness.

    As there are no questionable days in the two week period we are gone, I think we will use it. Then I can spend some time in January making it a little more appropriate for next year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and yourself!