Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Words of wisdom

When the time comes, as it surely will, when we face that awesome moment, the final judgment, I've often thought, as Fulton Sheen wrote, that it is a terrible moment of loneliness. You have no advocates, you are there alone standing before God -- and a terror will rip your soul like nothing you can imagine. But I really think that those in the pro-life movement will not be alone. I think there'll be a chorus of voices that have never been heard in this world but are heard beautifully and clearly in the next world -- and they will plead for everyone who has been in this movement. They will say to God, 'Spare him, because he loved us!'

~the late pro-life hero, Congressman Henry Hyde

From Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful sentiments for today. While I too am dismayed at the election, I am comforted that so many are resolving to do more in the Pro-Life fight. I am thankful for each post I read today that reminds us we still have fighting to do and encourages us to persevere. Thank you for these words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this. These are very encouraging words for those of us who were trying to teach our children to pray and vote for life. It seemed like it was for nothing at first, but as I show my children this post it will remind them to never give up. Even when it seems like there is no hope or no end in sight for abortion ending, God and the innocents know that we are trying to fight this battle. The world may not care but He does.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and yourself!