Friday, November 14, 2008

St. Margaret of Scotland

Who doesn't love St. Margaret of Scotland's story? A beautiful English princess, fleeing a conquering King, shipwrecked then rescued by a handsome King who falls in love with her. He was a good man with some rough ways, but nothing too rough that her sweet nature and devotion to him couldn't smooth out. Such a lovely story, a real life fairy tale.

Here is a coloring page for St. Margaret based on the picture over there. Her feast day would be Sunday if it wasn't a Sunday. I don't think we can't celebrate both! Isn't that right, sweet niece?; )

I don't know where this picture comes from other than a website for St. Margaret of Scotland parish in Chicago, IL. I hope you enjoy it and enjoy sharing St. Margaret's story with your children.

5 comments:

  1. Your pictures are so lovely, thank you for your generosity in sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Charlotte!!
    She is my patron!
    Margot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have I told you lately that I love you? You are the greatest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh.... I do love this story! And I love the lesson that saints can come from the married state ~ that sanctity isn't reserved for the Religious life. Wonderful link and we love, love, love the coloring pages. I'm sure you're getting big points in Heaven for these! (You're definitely getting lots in our book!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your beautiful, God-given gifts with us all! God Bless, Lori

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and yourself!