Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Feast of St. Martin of Tours

Here are our plans for the day:
1. Package up these scarves I crocheted to send to the Knit Your Bit campaign at the National WWII Museum in New Orleans. These were super easy and super fast to put together. I used up two skeins of unused oatmeal colored yarn and a good portion of some burgundy and blue variegated also found at the bottom of my yarn box. You can find the pattern here. This is the same museum we sent our Book Club fleece scarves to so don't count them out if you can't knit or crochet. The kids all received very nice certificates thanking them for their contributions.
2. Pick out new winter slippers and pray that it gets cold enough to require them.
3. Pick up some Holiday Tea. Nutcracker Sweet is calling me!
4. Make Martinmas Lanterns. I'm probably going to go Dawn's route and use jars and tissue paper since that is what I have on hand.
5. Make horseshoe cookies most likely from a ready made dough since our time is limited!
6. Light our lanterns, eat our cookies and drink our tea tonight with Daddy.
St. Martin, pray for us!