Saturday, October 4, 2008

St. Bruno Coloring Page

I hadn't planned to do anymore coloring pages for this coming week, but when I saw this picture of St. Bruno, I really liked it. So, you know what that means...

St. Bruno Coloring Page

As my Grandpa used to say, "Ush Germans musht togeder shtickin!" You can find out more about him (St. Bruno, not my Grandpa) over at Catholic Culture or the Patron Saints Index. Since he was German, I say, break out any of those Old Country recipes you have stuck in your recipe box. Doesn't everybody have those or is it just me? If it were a little bit cooler, it might be perfect Apple Strudel making weather. Or maybe some Potato Soup. I wish my kids would eat Chicken and Dumplings. I know they won't refuse German Chocolate Cake but it has to be sans coconut so what's the point?

Sigh. Why do German's eat nothing but carbs? Any healthy German recipes you'd like to share? Shhhhh...don't tell Grandpa I just asked that!

And... speaking of carbs (and since I missed Friday Funday):





You Are a Boston Creme Donut

You have a tough exterior. No one wants to mess with you.

But on the inside, you're a total pushover and completely soft.

You're a traditionalist, and you don't change easily.

You're likely to eat the same doughnut every morning, and pout if it's sold out.


H/T to Nikki who has three of the cutest little girls at home and is waiting on a fourth from over seas. She also has excellent taste in music!

5 comments:

  1. Sauerkraut is very healthy -- you just have to eat it without the bratwurst or potatoes. We're having Oktoberfest tomorrow -- join us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mapquest says I can make it in 17 hours 2 minutes but I'm not eating any sauerkraut or liver sausage or blood sausage. Oh yeah, and Husband can't drink beer. I know. What kind of German girl am I? : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to clarify because now he is worried that you all think is a recovering alcoholic, Husband is allergic to some component in beer. He will raise a glass of German wine with you if we ever make it to your part of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted you to know you made this baby blogger's day. You are my very first cyberspace commenter (my other comments are from dear friends outside the blogosphere). Then when I saw your hat tip I was even more excited! Thank you.

    I sent a link of your wonderful coloring pages to my homeschool group email loop last week. You have gotten some rave reviews. We are all so thankful for your beautiful work.

    This post made me think of a random news article I saw.
    http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/2008/10/03/care-for-a-nice-german-whine/
    I don't think this was the wine your hubby had in mind.

    I am so glad you reminded me of St. Bruno's feast. It is just the excuse I need to make a pork roast with sour kraut. My little trick is to throw an apple in with the sour kraut to take away a little of the bite. My girls always prefer a little sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so cute! Thanks for making my day with pictures of those beautiful little artists and their colored pages.

    That article cracked me up and really explains a lot about my Grandpa!

    You will have to post that recipe. I might try it if you can guarantee me it won't bite back.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and yourself!