Monday, June 4, 2007

8 Random Facts Meme

Aussie Annie and Karen E. have tagged me for this meme. Oh, the agony... the torment... the anguish! Why is this meme so hard? I blame it on the Snow White Syndrome.

No... not this one. The other one that guarantees as soon as someone asks me to come up with a list of anything like the names of the 7 dwarfs, at least two of those names will slip into that part of my brain where the amount of matter is so dense that nothing can escape it.

Seriously, I had to ask Husband and a couple of friends to help me remember random facts about my life. How sad is that?

Well, here they are in no particular order. Oh, and I opted for the straight 8 random facts. The 4 & 4 meme added a whole 'nother layer of complexity that I couldn't handle.
Whole 'nother??? Gee, I must be tired.

1. I can watch open heart surgery without flinching, but show me someone popping in a contact lens and I get shivery in the spine. Anything involving the eyeball will give me the heebee jeebees. Thank goodness my kids have never had pink eye and aren't prone to styes. A poke in the eye is about all I can handle! Blech!

2. I was a drama teacher in an elementary school in the "hood" as we affectionately called it. I taught 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th grade kids. We never wanted for drama in that place!

3. I play the cello. Or rather, I can play the cello. I don't play much anymore because I am a mom and big wooden things that make noise are dangerous to have around small children.

4. I also know how to Waltz, so I can live up to my name. I can also Rhumba, Mambo, Cha-Cha, Swing (West and East Coast), Fox Trot, Tango and Polka. (Not to mention the Texas Two Step!)

5. I can't stand wire hangers. How very Mommie Dearest of me, right? Can't say why really. Just don't like them. To the point that I avoid clothes that must be dry cleaned. Silly, huh?

6. A photograph that I took of the Scott Monument in Edinburgh was chosen as the cover art for a book of poetry. Not as impressive as it sounds though. The book of poetry was a collection of poems that people submitted to a magazine from which the best 200 were chosen and published. If you wanted to see your poem in print you could buy the book for the one time special low price of $59.95...but hey... I got paid for it.

7. When I am stressed I have a tendency to move furniture. I also tend to start home improvement projects usually beginning with the demolition phase thereby forcing the construction phase against Husband's will. He loves me anyway!

8. I learned to drive at the age of eleven. I drove my father around in an old beat up jeep with a deer stand welded to the back where my dad sat and hunted on a deer lease in South Texas. I hunted with him as well (deer and javelina) and fished too, until my brother was old enough to fill that role. I personally think I was better at the job...the jeep never burst into flames on my watch!

You are supposed to tag 8 other people, but I am always afraid I will tag someone who has already been tagged so consider yourself tagged if you haven't been tagged yet. (Um... is there a limit to the number of times you can use the word "tag" in a sentence?) MommaLlama? Nutmeg? 4andcounting? scmom? Anyone? Anyone? Let me know below!

10 comments:

  1. It was hard, wasn't it? I was glad to combine the two meme's making it a little easier...but you came up with the goods and it was a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe... SWEET. I've never been tagged for a meme actually!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your list, wire hanger problems and all! :-) And, I, too, rearrange furniture when I'm stressed.

    Thanks for going along! I don't usually tag others, but decided to do it this time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really are a country gal, then, learning to drive at 11.

    I'm not fond of wire hangers and throw them away as soon as the dry cleaned object is worn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great meme, Matilda, and I'm with you on the wire hangers! Count me out of the open heart surgery, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey,you! Get out that cello and start playing! No excuses, use it or lose it! (says she who gave up piano as a teen and can no longer play a single song...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "No wire hangers ever!" here either! Ha, ha! Too funny!

    I'll think about it. I'll let ya know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I finally did it. I have a post up with more random facts about me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and yourself!